Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Mac OS X Leopard

124»

Comments

• Options
    dan39dan39 New
    edited October 2007
    Easy Wanderer. Easy. I though many of the beige macs were really from the Scully days of Apple. Jobs helped re-pioneer the use of more elegant hardware at Apple.
  • Options
    No argument there Dan-man!
    (He says as he stares at a pityful excuse for a computer, a beige box that looks like a hand-me-down from Moses with USB ports at the back that are upside down and won't work if you plug in two sticks at once!
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Apple sells 2mil Leopard during this weekend. Comparatively Apple sold 2mil Tiger in 6 weeks.

Apple also sold 2mil macs this last quarter.
  • Options
    gigingergiginger New
    edited October 2007
    Where did I say retarded? The bullshit wasn't in reference to Leopard. Leopard seems pretty good from my playing with it. A few issues I have with it seem to be pretty widespread but apart from that it's a solid OS. The bullshit was in reference to your comments. I haven't seen a beige Windows machine in many years for a start. I do fail to see the humour in your reply. In any of your replies. They're all pointed snipes at Windows users and they're childish. I'm not getting into this again. I'd just have thought after a few months you'd have grown up a smidgeon and not still be trying to rip on Windows all the time. I was sadly mistaken. I'm amused you're calling me touchy though. Anyone says anything bad about Apple and you're all over them like a bad rash. That's touchy. VERY touchy. Tootle pip. I'll check back in a few months to see if the Ku Klux Apple Klan have calmed down. Incidentally, if you don't like the lock of the dock and want a nicer style then go to the terminal prompt and type: % defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean YES % killall Dock
  • Options
    I didn't say YOU said retarded, I said "I get hit with "retarded" and "bullshit"...

Is there a terminal command for...
    % killall giginger?

Posted: Wednesday, 31 October 2007 at 8:16PM

• Options
    ok guy talk about the 2mil leopard sales, i have linked it above
  • Options
    Why? Is this because I called it a solid OS? Should I have said "Leopard is a new paradigm in the world of Operating Systems. With Leopard I can now achieve the my full lifes potential. Without Leopard I'd be a pauper and not the above average earner I am today". I do apologise if solid OS ssn't gushing enough for you but to be honest it's as good a compliment you'll get from me for this version of OSX as it is. It's got a lot of cool new features. Time Machine is the stand out for me. Once I get a Mac running as my Home PC I'll be sure to set that going ASAP. It's what Windows should've had a long time ago. Not the current system restore. However, there's been a lot of additions and changes that don't make sense to me and from what I've read online I'm not alone in that opinion. All that aside. Why do you want me to comment on the 2 million sold? It could've sold 200 million and I wouldn't care. In fact, I'd be happier because then Microsoft would have to step up it's game properly.
  • Options
    New macbooks http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/macapper/~3/178154529/
  • Options
    dan39dan39 New
    edited November 2007
    The funniest comment I've seen about Leopard is that it's basically "Tiger in Space."
  • Options
    New MacBooks and MacBook Pros are coming for sure, one's got my name on it (a 17" Pro).
    I only hope they are completely new with a new enclosure as the current one is over 4 years old now.
    Waiting, waiting...

Posted: Friday, 2 November 2007 at 6:22AM

• Options
    Well, color me surprised, the Macbook line has been quietly updated with no aesthetic changes. Today Apple began selling new Macbooks that share the same Santa Rosa-based architecture as their professional cousins. Macbook Pros will now come with the option to upgrade to a 2.6GHz Core 2 Duo chip as well. If you were holding off on buying a Macbook or Macbook Pro - this is more than likely it as far as updates go for the rest of the year. Go ahead an order. from Apple Gazette by Michael
  • Options
    OK Schizo Buddy, now I'll get you to write me a note to the boss (my wife) OK?
  • Options
    Is it just me or does the Leopard upgrade seem to have completely trashed all the previous network sharing functions? In tiger I could open finder, click network in the sidebar, give it a moment, and it would have worked out all the pc's on my network including windows boxes and i could get on their shares. In Leopard the networking option in the side bar has completely gone, and if I get it by clicking 'go > network' in the menu then i just get a blank finder window. I've tried messing with the sharing and security preferences without much luck. Any ideas? As it stands the best/only method I can find of moving files between pc's on my network is using FTP which is less than ideal =\
  • Options
    Hmm. Just as I wrote that it all clicked into play and I can now browse my windows machine and its shares in finder as normal (actually slightly better). Though to get that working I had to disable my firewall (which is disabled by default anyway in Leopard it seems? ...Clever) and after enabling it I now cant browse the machine anymore, though the shares i loaded when I could are still there... odd Any ideas guys?
  • Options
    Hmm. I'm sure I had all that on before so I just double checked and now it seems to work OK so thanks. Is there any way to get the network link to stay in my finder window all the time like it was in Tiger?
This discussion has been closed.