Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Online status (is user online or offline indicator)

raykrayk New
edited July 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hey, can't seem to find anything related but it would be a nice addition to get a little status notifier if the user is online or not. Could be in a form of an image (like light bulb, or person or etc). Not sure if that is hard to make or not since I'm pretty n00b at php.

Comments

• Does this little gadget not float the boat for you? pic

Posted: Wednesday, 25 July 2007 at 11:06AM

• Well it's along the same line, but I'm thinking more of something next to users username in comment view e.g

[ avatar ] rayk (online) 32 minutes ago

except instead of (online) like an image of a light bulb lit up, if I'm offline then dimmed light bulb. vBulletin and IPB have this (though both are pieces of bloatware )
  • I think you answered your own question there mate.

Posted: Wednesday, 25 July 2007 at 11:39AM

• Well the reason why I want an extension like this is so I don't need to have a "who's online list", as I think it's better to have indication beside the users user name in thread view.
  • I guess you could probably use the calculation code from the whos online extension and find a delegate somewhere near the right place to add the bulb..i can imagine this getting pretty database heavy though.
This discussion has been closed.