Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

External registration and sign in

edited November 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I want to integarte vanilla forum in a site that has login. I do not want to have separate login for the site and vanilla forum. This what I want is : when someone register to the site a correspondent vanilla acount to be created. Also when someone logs in , He/She to be automaticaly signed in vanilla forum. Is there some easy way to do that or I need to debug vanilla form ? Boian

Comments

• I'm looking for this functionality too because I need to intercept the registration for my own needs, then also populate Vanilla's user database. Anybody got some tips on how to do this?
  • You have to write you own People.Class.Authenticator class, from the file of the same name to get user data from your own base and return it to Vanilla.
    Then define this custom class file in appg/setting as $Configuration['AUTHENTICATION_MODULE']
  • I am also looking into integrating Vanilla registration into an existing membership site.
This discussion has been closed.