Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Request: 'recent forum posts' on wordpress

edited September 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'm sure you've seen it on a ton of sites but my wordpress based site (which isn't intergrated at all with my forum) would look good with a 'recent comments' block. Is there any wordpress widget/plug in for this sort of thing? I'm not very good with coding myslef but I'm quite happy to give some copy/pasting a try :) I've done a search but there down't seem to be much info on this subject. thanks

Comments

• StashStash
    edited August 2007
    This doesn't exist yet AFAIK.
  • why not just pull the rss feed into a wordpress rss plugin? do a google search for BDP RSS Aggregator.
  • "The" (which one?) RSS feed for Vanilla works now?
  • i have it working with crude rss but i believe there is a newer plugin which also works (feed discovery?)
  • Just stumbled upon the Latest Posts Integration add-on. I don't suppose this does what you want does it?
  • I am indeed using rss add-on and the built in rss widget that came with my wordpress theme - to a while to work it out and try a few things but as it turned out the simplist solution was best the one - funny that
  • Hi everyone, @circuit: is your Feed Discovery my Feed Publisher ? @Stash: if you don't talk about authenticated feeds, Crude RSS (and so does Feed Publisher) seems to work fine
  • I don't know my RSS from my Atom, let alone authentication, but what you said sounds good :D
  • Sorry, I don't understand "I don't know my RSS from my Atom, let alone authentication". But "but what you said sounds good :D" sounds good too!
This discussion has been closed.