Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Removing all About+Sponsored links....?

edited August 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
What are the rules? Is it okay if I remove the Vanilla and the sponsored links? My customer cannot live with them on the site...

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    No problem at all. Here's how: http://lussumo.com/docs/doku.php?id=vanilla:faq_27
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited August 2007
    Oh, and to get rid of the "About Vanilla" information, add the following line to your conf/language.php file:

$Context->Dictionary['PanelFooter'] = '';
  • Options
    Cool, thanks!
  • Options
    Hmm, I have tried adding that to the conf/language.php file with no change. Where exactly should this line go? Anything else I can look for to prevent me making a mistake? Thx.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    @kteicher - That should work, but if it doesn't, you can change the line directly in the languages/English/definitions.php file (it's at the very bottom).
  • Options
    maybe kteicher is referring to the sponsored links?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited August 2007
    Oh. Well, if what ithcy said is the case, then:

If you downloaded vanilla 1.1.2c, you can remove it by going to the application settings form and unchecking the last checkbox on the form.

If you downloaded vanilla 1.1.2b, add this to conf/settings.php:

$Configuration['SPONSORED_LINKS'] = '';
  • Options
    Thanks everyone... I have the sponsored links change under control. Now I am working on the "vanilla info", which is what is problematic. Can you show me what the conf/language.php file should look like in order to eliminate the info? Thanks!
  • Options
    ithcyithcy New
    edited August 2007
    oh... Mark had 3 ' ' ' in his code snippet. there should only be two.

$Context->Dictionary['PanelFooter'] = '';
    also, that line should replace any other line in that file that has the same definition, or else it should go at the very end of the file.
  • Options
    ithcyithcy New
    edited August 2007
    //deleted
  • Options
    Thanks ithcy... after looking at the line of code a few times I finally did notice the extra ' in the line. I'm just a lousy proofreader! Thx!
  • Options
    so it's working now? great.
This discussion has been closed.