Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Category Fatal Error (cant create)

edited August 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I have just installed the new version of vanilla and have transfered my phpbb information into this fresh install. Everything appears to be working all right (thanks for the great info on doing this btw) I now need to make some categorys (and eventualy subcategorys) but when i try i get the following error A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred Technical information (for support personel): Error Message An error occurred while creating a new category. Affected Elements CategoryManager.SaveCategory(); The error occurred on or near: Field 'phpBBforumid' doesn't have a default value For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs One this I can do is Edit the current categorys (imported and the original General category), but i am unable to create new ones. I would apprishiate any help i could get with :) Here is a link to the forum if it will help http://forum.humanheaven.com/vanilla/categories.php Thanks so much!

Comments

• Options
    What is the phpBBforumid meant for?

I guess it is for a parent category. You can delete the column (if you don't think it will be of any use) or set in phpmyadmin a default for it.
  • Options
    That column is used temporarily in the migration script. You can remove the column safely if your migration has completed successfully.
  • Options
    If that removes the problem, where would i find the phpmyadmin file to delete it?
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Does your Host provide a way to manage your database? something like phpmyadmin.

Using it, you should go in the Category table and delete the 'phpBBforumid' column.
This discussion has been closed.