Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

A Sneak Peak: Grace, A New Vanilla Theme

sjeepssjeeps
edited August 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Here's a unique, clean and spacious theme that comes with fresh pink, white (plenty of whitespace) and rich graphics. Features a stylish header, footer that make a good first impression and a right side panel with a visible "sign in" and "Apply for membership" links .

The header title can be changed very easily and you can add your own logo or text.
The footer features some links and an "About " section where you can write a few lines about yourself or your website. It's something small but you know, the smallest things can make a big difference!

I'm about 60% done with it and I may release it in one week or less if I figure out the problem when trying to upload the zip to the add-ons site :) (I've done some fixes to Blogger but still can't upload it!)
I was also thinking of making another left side panel version, what do you think?

Meet Grace:

Grace theme

Grace theme

Grace theme

Your comments, suggestions and critics are welcomed!

Comments

• edited August 2007
    Mmh, yay for Tango icons <3 (the up and down arrows, if I am not mistaken?)

Good job, by the way, it looks very clean.

Adam.
  • It looks great.
  • wow, very nice.
  • cool in general..... very good..

however!!!
    im not a pro in design but think about the following:

1. the torn and fast elements of footer design conflict with the rigid and still elements of header design
    2. stick to one type of fonts: either serif or sans-serif
    3. another footer vs. header conflict: footer is digital and header is real/analog
    4. in the middle of the header, there is a visible vertical border between the two layers: the foot and the logo/motto/title
    5. be sure the change the color of the title/motto/logo, since it conflicts with the the other elements of design; the left side of header looks black&white..
    6. (optional point) the feet are fine, but personally i associate these more with grace
  • This looks really promising - I like a lot :)
  • Thanks for the compliment guys.
    @crash_D
    "1. the torn and fast elements of footer design conflict with the rigid and still elements of header design
    3. another footer vs. header conflict: footer is digital and header is real/analog
    4. in the middle of the header, there is a visible vertical border between the two layers: the foot and the logo/motto/title
    5. be sure the change the color of the title/motto/logo, since it conflicts with the the other elements of design; the left side of header looks black&white..
    6. (optional point) the feet are fine, but personally i associate these more with grace"

Thanks for the suggestions (advice) and I'm considering getting rid of the "feet" altogether :)

"2. stick to one type of fonts: either serif or sans-serif"
    Right and I think I'm going to stick with sans-serif.

Is there any more suggestions would you guys like to add? please let me know.
    Thanks.
  • where’s download link ?