Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Category Color Change

edited August 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I was wondering if it would be possible for the categories to change color when a new post is in them. Like the threads...

Or also next to the "Discussions: 43" would be "## New Post".

Anyone got a quick fix for this? I would appreciate any help in this regard. Its most likely simple but I'm retarded and can't do things on my own. ^_^

Comments

• Options
    It is possible theoretically but the query required to check whether a category has any new posts (or rather, any discussion in a category has any new posts) would be pretty database intensive - that's why its not included in the core as if it were to be used on a reasonably active forum it could slow things down pretty badly. I wouldn't suggest you implement something like this unless you have either a reasonably low use forum or a reasonably high powered server.
  • Options
    Well its just a small invite only forum. It may grow in size as time passes but for now I don't see it going over the 100 mark in 4 or so months.

But the reason I'd like a new post identifier is because I don't use the discussions tab. I just have it go directly to the category page. So I'd like something to show them that there are new post in it so they don't have to go through each category to check.
This discussion has been closed.