Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Template for a Static Page

edited August 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'd like to add a couple of static pages, using the same layout as in the forum (the one in search.php for example). Any idea on how to do that, without rebuilding the page myself?

Comments

• Options
    lamentlament
    edited August 2005
    wouldn't a CMS be better for you?

just saying..
  • Options
    Not necessarily. I like vanilla. I just wanna add a couple of pages of my own.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited August 2005
    You'd need to copy an existing page - like the search page for example. Then you'd need to create a control file for your new page. Control files are named the same as their root page, but they sit in the /controls folder and contain all controls to be used on that page specifically. So, the search page has search.php in the root, and it's control file is controls/search.php Take a look at them and you'll see what I mean. So, you can create a blank page by copying those and renaming them accordingly, and then remove / replace the search controls used on the search page with controls of your own. If you don't "get it", it might help to read the order of execution document in the wiki: http://lussumo.com/docs/doku.php?id=vanilla:development:orderofexecution
This discussion has been closed.