Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

extension request: comments displayed as a tree

2»

Comments

• Options
    so without any debugging just reporting what happened on a clean install with only Noether extension:

After enabling the extension and going to Vanilla's index.php I got:
    Notice: Undefined index: NoetherThreaded in /var/www/vanilla-threads/library/Framework/Framework.Class.SqlBuilder.php on line 129

and also:
    Error Message
      An error occurred while retrieving discussions.
    Affected Elements
      DiscussionManager.GetDiscussionList();
    The error occurred on or near: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'as Threaded from LUM_Discussion t left join LUM_User u on t.AuthUserID = u.UserI' at line 1

It works again if you reload page, but I guess something wasn't installed successfully :)
  • Options
    seems it was installed fine (altering tables and adding db map), but I think that this error appears because (even it is installed) installed changes aren't loaded.
    Maybe it would be solved by header('Location: $current_url_or_whatever') after successful install.
  • Options
    When starting new threaded discussion:

Notice: Undefined property: Context::$TimeKeeper in /var/www/vanilla-threads/extensions/Noether/comments.php on line 48

Fatal error: Call to a member function AddMarker() on a non-object in /var/www/vanilla-threads/extensions/Noether/comments.php on line 48
  • Options
    oh, it depends on TimeKeeper add-on.. ok, going to install it now :)
  • Options
    great, now it works fine

I would suggest to add window.location('#Form'); at the end of SelectParent() function in Noether.js, it would cause to jump to the form after clicking on reply link.
    Looks nice so far. Going to lunch now :)
  • Options
    It shouldn't "depend" on TimeKeeper. Maybe we have different error reporting settings, or I didn't make a proper test to know if "Undefined property: Context::$TimeKeeper" this time. We'll refine this and add the header thing.
    Why not setting up a workspace for this? At GoogleCode or Assembla?
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    to Grahack When starting new threaded discussion: Fatal error: Call to a member function GetChildrenCommentNodeIDs() on a non-object in /***/***/forum/extensions/Noether/default.php on line 540 and nothing show.. Can you help? line 540: if ( count( $CommentTree->GetChildrenCommentNodeIDs($CommentID ))) Vanilla 1.1.5a fresh
  • Options
    Sorry, I should have written a README. You need some delegates, as stated in the default.php file. I think it should fix your problems. Remember, I couldn't finish this extension, some problems are left unsolved, but I'd be glad if you did so.