Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Style Critique?

edited September 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Yeah, I am helping move this obscure flash community called the "World Obliteration Squad" from a rinky-dink Invisionfree board to a bit more of a serious webhost (still free, but still, it is better than Invisionfree, heck ANYTHING is better than invisionfree), and I even made custom themes for the forum (Okay, they are based off that "Dizzy" theme, but still, I did considerable modifications to it nonetheless). The only bugs are I don't know which CSS option changes the Options text on the sidebar, and I can't get rid of the yellow in parts of the Admin CP (yes, I even used the Page Manager extension to relabel Settings and Account to "User CP" and "Admin CP"). I've got some other mods I'm using, like CategoryRoles, the theme switcher, and a BBcode extension (cause yes, as mentioned before, they used to use an IF forum). They seem to like the uniqueness of my forum software selection, just wanted to go with something different other than phpBB, SMF, or PunBB.

The green background on the topics on the discussion view is the new posts style, when there is nonew, it's just grey.

http://wos.totalh.com/

So, for my first vanilla theme project, how do you like it so far? It's still a bit of a WIP, I can't do adjustments because my host is having some FTP problems for some reason...

Comments

• Options
    Hi, I note that:
    - it's looking nice and sober (well a bit dark for me)
    - in the line Category **Announcements** Started by **IIDX Clock** Comments **2** Last comment by **ZombiePanda**
    of the All discussions page
    I can't easily read the ** words(similar greys)
    - with ff2 on Ubuntu, I get a "Bottom of Page" truncated after the "g"
    - you could have work a bit more on the search page !!!
    Have a nice customization!
  • Options
    Looks great here on Mac Safari 3.0.3 Beta.
    The colours contrast well and the soft blends are smooth and pleasing.
    I personally don't like the black gap above the header, it would look nicer if the green frame was right up against the browser window top edge.

Posted: Thursday, 20 September 2007 at 4:25PM

• Options
    I fixed up the sidebar on the dark theme, I am wanting to fix up the top of the header and get rid of the color issues in the admin CP (although, I can just switch to the other theme for my admin stuff though)
This discussion has been closed.