Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Setup Screen, once again

edited October 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
We get redirected to the Setup-Screen at least once a week. (The last month...) I usually delete pretty much everything, make a fresh Vanilla install and copy the much needed files back. Same with the database. But now it says I can't install due to the files already in the /conf folder. Thing is: there are no files, the folder's empty. Should I give up and go back to Email-Communication? It would be awesome if you guys could help me once again. Thanks! P.S.: Permissions are 777 for the appropriate folders.

Comments

• Options
    So I deleted the entire 'conf' folder and created a new one, that seems to have done it - I'm back! So what do you guys think 'causes this Setup-Madness? Are there any logs kept were I could look for the reason - or can I enable some logfile, somewhere? Please help me out, then I won't bug you that often... :)
  • Options
    Does your settings.php file (inside the conf folder) have this line in it...?

$Configuration['SETUP_TEST'] = '1';

The "1" value indicates the setup has been done already.

Posted: Monday, 24 September 2007 at 8:15PM

• Options
    Yes, sir! Of course when it doesn't work (and redirects) it does not. I'll backup this settings.php and try to copy it back when it happens the next time. Maybe I can spare myself the whole MySQL database restore action I had goin' the last couple of times.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Uh, and my peoples say they often get a 'php_errormsg' in 'Framwork.Class.ConfigurationManager.php'. Maybe that's related? I've never seen it myself.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I don't know about the error message (someone who has theis problem and has access to the error log could give us more details), but the problem you described earlier happen when some extensions update the settings.php on each load. Since there is no locking feature, the file can get corrupted.

Vanilla 1.1.3 (to be released today) will prevent the file to be updated on each load.
  • Options
    Today? Awesome. Thanks for the information!
  • Options
    All your extensions up to date?
  • Options
    Sorry Stash, I didn't see your comment. Yeah, they were always up to date, but the GOOD NEWS: no setup-screen since the .3 update! So I thought I'll bump away for general information purpose.
This discussion has been closed.