Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla 1.1.3 Released

MarkMark Vanilla Staff
edited October 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I am pleased to announce the release of Vanilla 1.1.3. This is a public release for anyone and everyone who uses Vanilla. A summary of security, bug, and feature changes/additions can be found on the change log.

Once again, I must mention that I did almost no work in this release - it was entirely handled by the folks at the bug tracker and here on the community forum. And again, I have to thank Damien Lebrun (aka Dinoboff) for taking the torch and keeping me informed about everything that has been going on.

Comments

• Options
    This is great. The power of Vanilla Community :)
  • Options
    i need help. after i have installed the new version, i can't drag the categories in the settings menu.. do somebody know why?
  • Options
    Which browser are you using? have you tried to hard refresh the cache (alt-F5).
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    twols: IE7 seems kinda flaky, unless you drag with the mouse over the right-hand side of the list. (try dragging the 'Edit' link) Firefox didn't give me any trouble at all.
  • Options
    The problem in IE7 was true also for the previous version off scriptaculous.
  • Options
    Sweeeeet. Thankyou!
  • Options
    Worked fantabulistic! (Haha, new Vanilla word!) Thank you all for your hard work!
  • Options
    I'm using Firefox. When i try to drag the item i just select the text. And Firebug reports: Sortable is not defined.
  • Options
    Try to reinstall the js folder and refresh your cache.
  • Options
    nothing changes.. i'll try to reinstall the whole package
  • Options
    You shouldn't have to reinstall anything else than the js folder for this issue or empty your browser cache.
    With Firebug, check which js files are loaded (go to Net tab , then the js tab -above the Net tab).
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I've reinstalled the js folder, but it doesn't work. dragdrop.js isn't loaded. Here is the part of the html code: <script src="/js/global.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/js/vanilla.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/js/ajax.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/js/ac.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/js/scriptaculous.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/extensions/Notify/functions.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/extensions/Vanillacons/functions.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/extensions/Vanillacons/smilies.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/js/prototype.js" type="text/javascript">
  • Options
    The problem is that scriptaculous is loaded before prototype. Strange.

Which extensions are installed?
  • Options
    The problem is related to notify.

I am looking at it.
  • Options
    line 429 of Notify/default.php, replaceif (in_array($Context->SelfUrl, array('comments.php','index.php','account.php','categories.php'))) $Head->AddScript('js/prototype.js'); $Head->AddScript('js/scriptaculous.js'); $Head->AddScript('extensions/Notify/functions.js');
    withif (in_array($Context->SelfUrl, array('comments.php','index.php','account.php','categories.php'))) { $Head->AddScript('js/prototype.js'); $Head->AddScript('js/scriptaculous.js'); $Head->AddScript('extensions/Notify/functions.js'); }
    The brackets were missing.
  • Options
    Perfect. Thank you a lot!
  • Options
    Thanks to the Vanilla community for the hard work so far. However, after upgrading from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 (using the instructions from the lussumo webpage), the look of the discussions got spoiled. You can take a look at http://www.unifr.ch/econophysics/PHP/vanilla Any idea how to solve the problems? (Except of going back to 1.1.2...)
  • Options
    This sounds like the topic for a full discussion to be honest, but you are getting a script tag BEFORE your DOCTYPE declaration — this will cause all kinds of fun with a strict DOCTYPE ;) Now go start another discussion and I think some people should be able to help you.

Looking forward to being able to try 1.1.3 when I get the chance *sigh*...
  • Options
    Silly Question I'm sure, but why isn't this forum running 1.1.3? Not exactly a glowing recommendation is it?
  • Options
    How do I put this off for a week! I do not have time for this now and it seems that my forum is off line until I do it! $h*t!
This discussion has been closed.