Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Session problem on easyspace

mbdmbd
edited September 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi all, I'm brand new and have just installed Vanilla. All seems to be going well and I've started to style the site. The problem is is that if I am logged in and click on a main menu button It seems like I get logged out again and some of my admin options dissapear. If i then click back on another main menu button i get logged back in again. It all seems a bit random. Any ideas anyone? I'd really appreciate it... Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    It can be related to your cookie settings or your php session settings. Is your forum online?
  • Options
    Hi Dinoboff, yes i've tested it online from my easyspace server and that's where the log-in/out problem occurs. What should I be checking for in my settings?
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    You can check on your account page. If each time you reload the page, the visit count increase, you have a php session setting problem. I will look have looked on easyspace web pages to check if there is anything special to do to enable php session on their server but didn't find anything. If the php session is the problem, you will have to ask easyspace customer support some help with it.
  • Options
    Thanks for looking Dinoboff. I will see what else I can find out.... must appreciated.
  • Options
    All fixed. For everyones reference EasySpace don't by default install the .htaccess file. You'll need to request it....
  • Options
    You should change the title of the discussion; eg: session problem on easyspace.
  • Options
    good idea Dinoboff.... thanks.
  • Options
    actually i can't figure out where I change the title....?
  • Options
    figured it out...
This discussion has been closed.