Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

What do you think about the website design?

edited September 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi, the client asked for a lighter, informative, almost colorless (with some red) design. The client is a photo studio. The requirements for the design have been fulfilled, but he still hesitates and wanted to know the public opinion. Please don't mind the texts, only look on the layout.. ANY comments and critic (pos or neg) is greatly appreciated.. thanks

fotoLUXstudio design template

some clarification:
we could not change the logo (although we wanted to), since it is registered.. the top cursive line says "beauty in every second"..

Comments

• Options
    I know what a house and envelope represent, but what on earth is that other icon for? They all feel a bit out of place.

I'd also keep all the headings aligned left, and to follow a grid more closely, nudge the header image a bit wider so that its border runs straight down the navigation gutter and widen the lower images so the right-most borders align with the cat's border. Maybe even squeeze four images in a row to follow the grid made by the tabs underneath the header image.

Overall, its very nice.
  • Options
    thanks for constructive comments ... "that other icon" is sitemap :) ... these three constants are common for CIS users...
  • Options
    I like it especially the black and white style. Very nice for a photo site. Also, there is plenty of whitespace to make the site very readable and easy to understand.
  • Options
    Looks very good, although the dotted lines all the way across the header makes it look like a linked area that has been selected. I don't like that at all. Would it be possible to just make them plain lines or lose them altogether?
  • Options
    I like it, but the lighthouse stands out to me. The black with red part looks like it was added in with MS Paint. Keeps drawing my attention to the lighthouse. I probably would have photoshopped out that little person(?) to the left of the building (which is left of the lighthouse.)
This discussion has been closed.