Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Alignment

littlehuwlittlehuw New
edited September 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi guys Anyone know how to fix alinment? My Discussions main page is aligned in the centre though the categories are aligned to the left. All the text in the comments and discussions are aligned centre, and all the forms are aligned centre. I am using Vanilla Default, though have edited the Menu.php and created a new style. Please check it out at http://lgbthistorymonth.org.uk/Forum/ and see where I am going wrong! Any help greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Huw

Comments

• If you validate your page, you'll see that there is a div problem in the header you added. You have a div SiteContainer and then another beginning div and then a style. And then you close a div outside then ending html tag.
  • Fixed! Seems that Vanilla prefers float:left; as opposed to align:left; Had a similar problem with the Vote Results Bar, and that liked float:left; too!! Tried the Validate and it didn't show any nasties up and the header bar seems to be working ok, so, as much as I have learned so far, if it aint broke don't fix it!
  • Just viewed it in Safari mate and I can tell you it definitely is broke and needs fixing!

Posted: Sunday, 30 September 2007 at 2:42PM

• Ok point taken. The main reason the header got messy cos the signed in as stuff was appearing all over it. That eventually got changed elsewhere so can go back and fix it. Thanks Wanderer, help much appreciated Huw
This discussion has been closed.