Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Internet Explorer 6.0 forum login problem

edited October 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I've successfully installed Vanilla on two different servers. One installation is bare bones, no extensions or added themes which might cause potential issues. Everything thus far works great except for my inability to sign in using IE 6. Firefox for Windows and Mac work fine. IE 7 works as well. Any ideas what might be causing this issue? I browsed the forums and couldn't find a similar topic so I'm guessing it's a rare issue unrelated to the software itself. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, here it is... http://www.atomiccherry.com/extras/forums/vanilla_forum (this is the test basic installation) username: test password: test1 I'm using Vanilla 1.1.2. Thanks for checking it out.
  • Options
    The 2 installations are on 2 different servers running on Unix with php 4.3.2. They're both having the same issue.
  • Options
    It seems to be working fine for me... Although your cookie settings might need to be modified...

Try going to the application settings and set the cookie domain at the bottom to .atomiccherry.com (add the leading dot)

You can also try logging in to my Vanilla with user/pass guest/guest.
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll check it out.
  • Options
    I attempted logging in to your Vanilla on my IE 6 (running through Virtual PC) but I'm getting the same problem. I also changed my cookie setting but that didn't work. I'm starting to wonder if I should just disregard it since you're not experiencing the same problem. Possibly a browser specific issue? Thanks for help though. It's much appreciated.
  • Options
    Same here, I can login with IE6 (an a virtual pc, Windows XP sp2 and IE6).

(How did you install IE6? Is it stand alone version of IE6? Sometime the cookie don't work on these kind of installation.)
  • Options
    My vanilla installation is having the same problem. Firefox works great but IE6 won't let people login unless they go through the password reset process.
  • Options
    Disregard my previous comment. I think the more appropriate thread for my problem is http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/3604/successful-login-takes-two-attempts/#Item_14
This discussion has been closed.