Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

PHP and XHTML in one file. Why?

edited September 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi,

I am really glad that I found Vanilla and after playing around for a while its feeling good. But I'd like to ask a question. Please forgive me If this question was asked already, I couldn't find any post pointing to my issue.

I am wondering why PHP and Xhtml is so strongly mixed up in the theme template files. For me as a designer with good css/xhtml skills its really hard to get through the PHP fog to change the layout of the page. There is not always a way to make your changes by touching the css file. So why not keep the layout structure stuff out of the php files? It would be way easier to customize your page and updating PHP code wouldn't effect the XHTML structure, as far as I can tell as somebody who has very little programming skills. Maybe you can describe me the way Vanilla is doing it and say "Dex you thave no idea .... its because of this this and this..." ;)

Cheers
Dex
This discussion has been closed.