Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Cookie Problem (bug?)

edited October 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hey Folks. I was running vanilla for a few months, yesterday i decided to delete the database an install a completely fresh version. The problem is, that the cookies seem to say "user id=4 login=true" or something like that, i don't know how that stuff works exactly. So some users of the old install before were now logged in as completely different users. I hope you can follow me, my english is not the best

Comments

• Options
    I think you need to put something like this in conf/settings.php:$Configuration['COOKIE_USER_KEY'] = 'forgetoldcookieone'; $Configuration['COOKIE_VERIFICATION_KEY'] = 'forgetoldcookietwo';

by default they should be 'lussumocookieone/two' so I renamed the defaults to make it forget those cookies that are already out there.
  • Options
    aah, i see. thank you very much for the quick support.
  • Options
    How could they get logged-in with a wrong verification key?
  • Options
    i don't know how this could happen, we tested it serveral times and everytime it happened again...
  • Options
    Which extensions are you using?
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Also try to change in your browser the cookie value of *cookieone and *cookietwo (and remove the session cookie) to check if you can log-in an other user account this way.
  • Options
    hm this also appeared with no extension loaded
  • Options
    Can you log in an other user account by just changing the value of whatevercookieone in your browser (you can use the "web developper toolbar " > Cookies > view cookies information > edit cookie)
  • Options
    Hm i din't try that. Now it's too late, everythink works fine again..
This discussion has been closed.