Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Safari + Search = Houston, We Have Rendering Uh-Oh!

lechlech Chicagoland
edited August 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Pea and I had some fun with this one and I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this or not, but safari acts really fucking retardedly in rendering the default #SimpleSearch form and it's FOLLOWING radio buttons. I think I've tried just about every simple measure to put these in their place, yet safari is asking for a kick in the nuts and rendering the radios BEFORE the form... If that's not strange enough for you, just resize the form and you'll get them placed both before AND after the field. I don't think I really want to waste my time absolutely positioning each and every element there so any chance you can do like the adv search and slap it into a nice 2 row table? Mark this affects even the default Vanilla theme so containing these elements might be a good option. This is also the latest safari.

Comments

• Options
    peapea New
    edited August 2005
    To illustrate, some screenshots. They go from wide browser window to narrower each time.

• Options
    Also, another Safari incident reported in the Forum Preferences. The radio buttons don't register through Ajax when you click them.

Nothing happens when I click those.
  • Options
    Should these be bug reports?
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    I'm on it!
  • Options
    people use Safari? /me snickers and cradles his Firefox.
  • Options
    mac people who can't be troubled to even learn their own computers. hahaha
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    nah, it's not that, it's the fact that safari renders about as good as IE in some cases. Which in this case we've learned is completely back-assward.
  • Options
    I like safari. I think the only real problems is has are with form redering. If you don't like it, don't use it. Or, as it is now open source, change it as you will.
  • Options
    I also like safari. I find it actually faster than Firefox. rendering AND key response. And it's not because i have a slow computer (g5 2.5Ghz with ..plenty of ram).

That said, Safari is mostly standards compliant and getting better. There is strict and quirks mode. Quirks mode is when it tries to do "best judgement renders" of pages. I.E. It tries to render pages that are written for I.E. if it's written standards compliant, almost always, Safari will render properly.

In the case of bugs for standard compliant pages, file them. David Hyatt and his team seem like they know what they are doing and just going through and do in fact fix bugs that are filed.
This discussion has been closed.