Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

IE problem with swf player and JQuery dynamics

edited November 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
hi.. we make a site, and there is a section of video clips.. we have a list of clips and as the user clicks any thumbnail for clip, the jquery opens up a player and inputs the source file parameter.. in ff its fine, but the ie does not show the clip... interestingly, when i input the source file directly into the source of the page, it displays fine,, but when it is dynamically input into the player (object/embed), its broken.... any ideas how to fix it? oops.. here is the link http://cherdakstudio.com.ua/list/

Comments

• When you build the data string to feed to the player, does it have single or double quotes?
  • it does not have quotes at all.. this string is simply put into the originally empty src attributes... the source string is derived from the icons' ids.. so its very easy, only ie does not understand it.
  • edited November 2007
    i resolved this one, but it was the messiest coding in my life... i will write a story about it when i have time... the curious ones are welcome to see the page page source :-D

edited the link ... thanks wanderer
This discussion has been closed.