Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

E-Mail Notification Not Working

edited November 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi, Our vanilla messageboard is working great, except emails are not being sent when a comment has been add to a discussion. I'm assuming than an email is sent to the administrator everytime a comment is added. Other sites on the same server are working fine. Can anyone think of something i should check with this? Thanks --Mark

Comments

• Are you talking about using the notify extension?
  • I've a feeling there are a lot of mixed reports on that one. For some people it seems to work fine but a lot of others have no joy whatsoever. I'd suggest you look for other notify related discussions on here and see if you can draw any luck.
  • It has something to do with your SMTP host and other settings.

Mine won't work with my actual host's settings but does work with my Gmail settings: smtp.gmail.com:465

Go figure.
  • I don't agree.

When I hard code the settings.php page to notify all, it sends fine, everytime. No smtp, just the mail address enetered in application settings.

So, the mailer function itself is ok.

I see the issue as being that nothing is being added to the LUM_Notify table when someone subscribes to something. The entire table is blank- 0 rows.

Surely this is the problem?

Does anyone know where that part of the code is? Could it be a chmod thing maybe?
  • Well those tables are there for me, maybe this is a secondary issue?

Like I said...
    If I leave the settings empty, no worky, if I put in my host's settings, no worky, if I put in [smtp.gmail.com:465] all's well, somebody here in another discussion helped me with it.
  • Hi Wanderer,

Do you use a gmail email address too? or just the smtp details with another email a/c?
  • I use a Gmail address too, I didn't think it would work with anything else?
This discussion has been closed.