Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Email sending problems

edited November 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Help all, whenever i change roles, or send an email i get the following error, i seem to get emails when someone applies for membership but nothing else. A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred Technical information (for support personel): Error Message An error occurred while sending the email. Affected Elements Email.Send(); The error occurred on or near: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for teresachilds1@btinternet.com For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs Hope you wonderful people can help me!

Comments

• It seems that your smtp server wont allow relays (which is a perfectly sensible and valid set up) - I'd suggest not bothering with SMTP settings and just using the built in sendmail function, assuming that's working. Why your current setup will work some times and not others I'm not sure.
This discussion has been closed.