Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can I run Vanilla and web server from CD (for Windows and Mac!)?

edited November 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I have to produce a "snapshot" of existing site that is based on Vanilla. Snapshots need to be put to CD (or DVD, didn't decide yet) so that webserver and Vanilla run directly from CD. Webserver with Vanilla and database server should run from CD automatically once CDROM is inserted into tray (of course if autorun is not disabled) on Windows and Mac OS. It seems this special web server can be used for this: http://www.stunnix.com/prod/aws/overviews.shtml Has anybody tried to do something like that with Vanilla?

Comments

• I don't see how it will work When you post a new discussion, where will it be saved? It can't save it on the cd.
  • There would need to be a way to re-route the saving to the C drive on a PC and the temp folder on OS X.
    It could be done but I wouldn't think it's worth the hassle.

Vanilla is supposed to run off a server to overcome all this isn't it?

As for your snapshot issue, try a 4Gb USB stick.
  • You can even use a 1GB flash drive.
  • Yes Jim but I got my 4Gb for only $2.75 more than a 1 Gb!
  • @Wanderer - True, but if Blunn is creating "disks" to distribute as PR, then cost is an issue.

@Blunn - why do you want to do this?
This discussion has been closed.