Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Loading Extensions

edited November 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I got a little help getting Vanilla set up on MacDoc. I am now doing the admin set up of features, and figuring out how best to display the page(s) on my web site. I am a little shaky on how to use extensions. I want a Theme/Style, Jazzman's by the same name matches up pretty well and there are several other types of extensions/addons that will help too. Is it smarter to add these one at a time? I imagine that some extensions do not play well together, especially if they work with the same features. I see the extensions folder, currently empty, in the Vanilla folder (using Cyberduck). Do I just put the entire extension folder in or move each file over or what? Then I believe I have to select it from the Admin set up and turn it on?

Comments

• You're pretty much right with everything you guess.
  • edited November 2007
    Thanks again Minisweeper. I uploaded the Jazzman folder to Vanilla folder>extensions but it does not show up as a Theme option nor has the theme changed. I tried removing all the files from the folder, placing them in the folder as individual files, no luck there. Is Jazzman a theme or style that needs to be place somewhere else in Vanilla? Jazzman seems to show up in multiple sections within the Vanilla extensions catagories.
  • You need to install themes into the /themes/ directory and choose them under the themes and styles page in the admin settings, not as an extension. Jazzman is a coder but I believe he has a self-titled theme?
  • I put the jazzman folder in Themes and went to load it. It was there, yeeeea! Unfortunately I got the following error: Some problems were encountered Failed to open the styles directory. Please ensure that PHP has read access to the /Volumes/DATA/rwsites/wolfbrook.com/www/wolftalk/themes/jazzman/styles/ directory.
  • Have you checked the read access? And made sure the styles directory exists and has useful looking contents?
  • I got it to work in the themes folder. I think maybe I just hit a wrong button the first time. The forum is now up on my site with the Jazzmzn theme. It is inside a Rapid Weaver iFrame with a home link in the footer to get the user back to the other web pages. www.wolfbrook.com
This discussion has been closed.