Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Integrating People login - Creating Session

edited November 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I am trying to figure out how to start a new session for a user after they have authenticated.

I've been reading through a lot of old discussions on integrating the People library with external apps, but haven't seen this covered.

I can give an example of a very basic authentication script to give an idea of what I am trying to do:
<?php include("./forums/appg/settings.php"); include_once("./forums/appg/init_people.php"); $auth = new Authenticator($Context); if ($auth->Authenticate("user", md5("password"), TRUE) == 1) { /* Session should be started */ echo "Authenticated!"; } else { echo "Error!"; } ?>

Comments

• <?php if ($Context->Session->UserID) { echo "Signed in as <b>{$Context->Session->User->Name}</b>."; echo ' <a href="/community/people.php?PostBackAction=SignOutNow">'.('[ Sign Out ]').'</a>'; } else { echo "Welcome, Guest."; echo ' <a href="/community/people.php?ReturnUrl=/community/">'.(' Login ').'</a>'; echo ' <a href="/community/people.php?PostBackAction=ApplyForm">'.(' Register ').'</a>'; } ?> THis is what i use...
  • With the same files included that you have, just replace the a href="..." links with your own...
  • edited November 2007
    Thanks for the response.

I did some more digging, and I believe I've found what I was looking for.
    $Context->StartSession();
This discussion has been closed.