Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Removing block category option

edited November 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Is there a simple way to remove the "block category" option from the category page. I'm not displaying my discussion tab so that option will only create confusion amoung users.

Comments

• Options
    Several ways--add this to themes/vanilla/styles/default.vanilla.css: li.CategoryOptions, li.CategoryOptions a { display: none; }

Or add this to conf/language.php (you can look for other words to change by looking in languages/english/definitions.php):$Context->Dictionary['Options'] = ''; $Context->Dictionary['BlockCategory'] = '';

Or my preferred, but most complicated, method--go into the themes folder, copy categories.php into the vanilla folder inside the themes folder, (this way it will stay safe if you update vanilla) and remove lines 29-40, starting with IF and ending with }. You will see the block category stuff inside that block.
  • Options
    Thanks WallPhone for taking the time to respond to my question. It is appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.