Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Flash mp3 player

edited November 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Could anyone code an addon out of this: http://www.nesium.com/blog/2006/10/05/flash-mp3-player/ ?
i've seen the player in serveral other forums and it really rocks.

Comments

• Options
    its nice but missing features like autostart
  • Options
    Yes very nice, I wouldn't use auto-start anyway, it's annoying for people when they are not expecting it.
    Much more complicated to implement than DPlayer though, for me at least, but I could make it work I think.

Posted: Tuesday, 20 November 2007 at 6:12AM

• Options
    edited November 2007
    its nice but missing features like autostart
    <rant>Autostart is quite possibly the worst idea ever invented for web-based mp3 players.

When dealing with web pages, events should only happen when a user tells it to do so (by clicking on it). I am more likely to click a button that looks like a play button than anything else on a web page. However, the first thing I do when I hear a web page start squeeling out music is close it.</rant>

Yes, that is a nice player though :)
  • Options
    PS, I just found JQMedia, definitely worth trying out.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    lancelot, i totally agree with the autostart thing ^^
    and: oh dudes! i didn't recognize that jqmedia comes with a mp3 player. i'll use that one now..
  • Options
    This one is pretty huge too: http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=jw_mp3_player
  • Options
    3stripe, this one (and others using flash) don't do anything on my work PC.
    It doesn't have a sound card so I wasn't expecting to hear anything but no progress loading happens either.
  • Options
    i think the one 3stripe posted is exactly the one included in jqmedia
  • Options
    My favourite Flash mp3 player, it's the coolest, most compact and nice to look at too.
  • Options
    i don't like autostart either, but recently one person asked for it in the jqmedia thread. apparently he has a use for it
  • Options
    There are valid uses for it, especially if the user clicks a link knowing it will take them to a page that will make noises.

I use it to load content into an iFrame which then auto-plays but the mechanism is very obvious to the user, no surprises.

The offending issue is when something makes noises without warning when you open a page.
This discussion has been closed.