Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Looking for a way to insert javascript or php into my comments if i want...

edited December 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Now of course i only want myself to be able to do this... I saw t raw html formatter mentioned in a search, but couldn't find it anywhere... So is there an extension <---- Don't say Nuggets ---> that will allow me to do this? I'm going to be inserting it directly into my post!

So either an extension or Tell me how i can code it please :)

Thanks,
Wayne

Comments

• Options
    I get around this restriction by using iFrames.
    It's not ideal I know but hey, it woiks! pic
  • Options
    I've thought of that... Which is fine if i want to insert something like a rating, or ad into a specific post... But I was also thinking of SEO, and if i put links in the iFrame Search engines won't pick it up? or will they?

wayne
  • Options
    What would the Variable Scope of the PHP script be? There are huge security issues EVEN IF it's just going to be you.
  • Options
    Surely if the only person able to enter/edit the JavaScript/PHP is the admin user there should be no security issues?
  • Options
    I'm just going to include a file here or there for the php script... that's all...
  • Options
    So to my way of thinking, as long as those included files are protected correctly there shouldn't be a problem.
    However this is not my area of expertise so we may be way off beam. pic
  • Options
    Wanderer, I'm thinking the same thing... How could it be a problem if i was to only use java/php script as an Admin... hmmmm...
  • Options
    I actually plan to include a file called related links into post that i choose... That's why it can't be in iFrames :)... anyhow I really couldn't image this to be to difficult, but again i'm just starting to learn php...
  • Options
    It's not difficult at all mate but some formatters actually strip out the PHP and JavaScript and most embedded stuff added via the "Add your comments" box.
    Actually the one I use also strips out iFrames but I hacked it!
  • Options
    hmmm, Well i use FCKeditor.... so what do you suggest?
  • Options
    No idea how FCKeditor works mate, I have no use for it plus it's not compatible with my choice of browser.
  • Options
    Why can't you use delegation to add your related posts
  • Options
    MySchizoBuddy, Can you elaborate a little more... I'm not sure what delegation is? but you're saying i can add delegation to a related post sound interesting... Wayne
  • Options
    here's an example post where i've already placed a related link into... http://www.ncgolfers.com/north-carolina/384/lochmere-golf-club/#Item_0 The reason why i need to be able to insert php into single post of my choosing, is i'm going to have include files that i make, and will have different "blocks" that i insert into certain post... then i'll be able to control all the post for a certain block, which could be several thousand, from one single file for that certain block :)
  • Options
    you lost me when you mentioned different blocks. give me a more precise working example
  • Options
    Sorry, What i mean is, i'm going to php include a file... and let's say the php file i'm including is "blue-widgets.php", well i may include blue-widgets.php into 300 different post of my choosing. Now lets say i also include a php file "red-widgets.php" into other post, but not the same as the post that included the blue-widgets.php. I will have full control of what get included into blue-widgets, and red-widgets separately. So if i need to make a big change to Blue-widgets, i want have to edit 300 post, i'll just edit the one include file :)... I was only referring to the Include files as "blocks" Because i may choose to have different includes in diff post :)
  • Options
    So, is there an easy way to allow the admin to insert php/javascript into certain post?
  • Options
    Has anyone heard or the "raw html formatter" i saw Mark mention it, but can't find anything else about it...
  • Options
    bump...
  • Options
    bump... again....
This discussion has been closed.