Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Requesting help fixing up our Vanilla forums

edited December 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi all.. for years, my web hosting company has run a non-profit community web site for the citizens of our fair city (in Canada). Back in September, something happened and the site crashed. We had an associate help us re-install the forums (using the default template) and restore all the data. However, he hasn't had a lot of time to help us fully restore the functionality of the site. Formatting is completely screwed up. No one can quote, place links, and even for me, I can not see line breaks in my own posts. It's really annoying. On behalf of my hosting company, I'm looking to contract out the fixing that the forums requires. If anyone believes they can help, please contact me by private messaging me with your hourly rate and any other specs. Cheers, Alex Reid

Comments

• Options
    I think that you lost a formatter in the battle (a French expression).
    It could be Extended Text Formatter or HTML Formatter.
  • Options
    We have them both installed, but they aren't working.. See http://cakkafracle.no-ip.com/vanilla/comments.php?DiscussionID=1&page=1#Item_0 thanks..
  • Options
    seems to be some kind of BBCode formatter
  • Options
    Ok then, maybe it's their format stored in the DB. In LUM_Comment table, you have to check the FormatType column.
    In other words, what does something like
    select Body, FormatType from LUM_Comment where DiscussionId=1;
    return?
  • Options
    Got it solved. Apparently the other working on this with me, unchecked the extensions in the admin panel. Thanks guys!
This discussion has been closed.