Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Push the footer to the bottom of the browser.

edited November 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Is there a way to push the footer to the bottom of the browser page, as if you have few discussions it gets all bunched up near the top. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2007
    Are you trying to add content to a footer? Or are you just talking about the "1 of Whatever"/ "Top of Page"/ etc. info? I don't think there's a way to fix the latter. Min-height (css) would be perfect, but unfortunately that doesn't work with all browsers. For the former, the only way I got it to work was to modify the theme files. I had to wrap a new div tag around the standard Vanilla container, and then hard-code the new footer content in after the standard Vanilla stuff.

First I added a div in head.php, at the end right before the "SiteContainer" div:
    <body'.$BodyId.' '.$this->Context->BodyAttributes.'> <div id="ContainerBoxWhateverYouWantToCallIt"> <div id="SiteContainer">'; ?>

Then, in page_end.php, I added a div for the footer and closed the one I opened earlier:
    <?php // Note: This file is included from the library/Framework/Framework.Control.PageEnd.php class. echo '<div id="NewFooterWhateverYouWantToCallIt"> <stuff>Enter some code</stuff> </div> </div> </body> </html>'; ?>

That would display the footer on all pages, so depending on what one wants, you could add some conditions to make the footer show up on some pages and not on others. Even if it's not what you want, maybe it will give you something to play around with.
This discussion has been closed.