Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Awards Extension

VMKYVMKY New
edited November 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Good day. I would like to use this forum as part of my sites. However, I want to give the current members a bit of recongization. See, I was using SMF for years and I tried to convert my site over to Vanilla. However, that task seems to be a bit complex, so I decided to start fresh. I'm archiving the SMF and starting new. However, I want to give current members a special status so new sign ups know they were supporters of the site for a while. Is there a way I can do that?

Comments

• Options
    VazVaz New
    edited November 2007
    If you go to settings>roles & permissions> and enter some text for 'role tagline', a red horizontal stripe will come on the members posts identifying them.

Example:
  • Options
    That's cool. But how about something a bit less intimidating? I would like the members to get some sort of bragging rights, but more in their profile and less in topics. I'm trying to encourage new members and seeing that red stripe all over the board might scare them off.
  • Options
    ahh so thats what the role tagline is for.
  • Options
    I'm not sure how to impliment other methods as I'm not a coder (or atleast not a decent one) :P. I agree, it does get intimidating when it's in your face all the time. At one point I totally disabled it but then later enabled it just for admins and VIP.
  • Options
    I only really find it useful for the Douchebag role.
  • Options
    use css to make it less intimidating or change code and place it somewhere else.
  • Options
    Maybe I'll put a custom field where only I can put that type of status instead. That way, I don't have to "Reinvent the wheel".
This discussion has been closed.