Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla with Wordpress - but not integrated

edited November 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'd like to get my Vanilla forum displayed inside a Wordpress Page. I'm not interested in "integrating" Wordpress and Vanilla backends - I just want to make it look like Vanilla is "embedded" inside my Wordpress pages. I think I have two options: 1) Change my Vanilla theme to look/feel like my Wordpress theme (an off the shelf K2 installation) 2) Embed Vanilla using an iFrame or Object tag. While both of these seem to be hinted at in discussions here I haven't seen a specific instance of anyone doing it. #2 is my preference, can it work?

Comments

• Options
    #2 does work. Look at this page on my blog.
  • Options
    So Jim, can you give me a specific code example? I'd certainly appreciate it. What exactly is on your Wordpress page? Did you have to muck with Wordpress php code or not?
  • Options
    I have this in my page:
    <iframe src="http://www.mydomain.com/Vanilla.1/index.php" width="100%" height="800px" frameborder="0" name="vanilla forum"></iframe>
    And I use a template I made. I'll send it to you if you give whisper me your email address. Depending on your theme, all you need to do is copy the page.php to a new file and edit it so that it's a template.
This discussion has been closed.