Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

disappearing whispers, authenticating problems, and wordpress integration

edited November 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Ok, I am having the worst luck with my Vanilla installation, so bear with me.

First of all, I got everything working fine. I was having problems with getting the Attachment mod to work, but I finally got that great, so I started populating the board (I'm using it as a client area for my different projects), and all of my clients were having problems with getting the error, "There was a problem authenticating your post information." -- and even I would get it some too. It randomly worked and didn't work. I was able to deduce that it was NOT my php sessions by clicking on the Account page and refreshing it -- the visited number remained the same.

I'm sure this is probably important, but I have the Wordpress Integration installed from here. When I first installed the form, I had the 1.1.3, but then upgraded to 1.1.4, and that is when all of the problems started occuring. In an attempt to fix it, I went through and tried to see if there were files I maybe overwrote that had the wordpress integration been part of and messed around with the conf/settings.php file (basically, I just uploaded the one I had from 1.1.3 with the wordpress authenticating line in). Now, none of my whispers are showing up, even though they are all still in the database.

I also noticed that after I upgraded to 1.1.4, if I logged into wordpress and then clicked on the client area, that I had to sign in again, whereas previously I did not.

Help please?!?!

If I have to start with a new install (and forget the whole wordpress integration if that's causing the problem), how would I save all of my posts? Just backing up that table? Since these are all whispers I'll have to save all of my users too, which is the tricky part seeing that it's merged with wordpress. Any ideas would be much appreciated. I'm back to using my old client area for now but I would love to get this straightened out since I like vanilla so much better for this use than SMF.

BTW, you can view the forum here. Creating a new account should *NOT* break the forum, but I'll backup the database right now just in case anyone wants to create an account to test with.
This discussion has been closed.