Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Super Awesome feature

edited March 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
it would be really cool if there could be an extension that allowed users to alter the position of where the avatar is going to show up on the forums liek right now on this Lussumo Community forum it automatically focuses in the center of the image u link to it would be cool if u could for example move it to a corner, zoom in, zoom out , etc. stuff like that is that even possible? or would it like requite the use of flash? jw

Comments

• Options
    ...or you could adjust the picture accordingly before you add it? pic

Of course it's possible as you suggested but it would require added complexity.
  • Options
    yeah ur right i thought about it and figured it would be super difficult i just thought i would give my idea thanks for the comment
  • Options
    Neat idea The shifting could be done by inserting a bit of CSS inline to set the background-position property. Shouldn't be too hard. The hard part of that would be to design the interface and get the zooming options.
  • Options
    so u know how to do most of it?
  • Options
    so anyone still interested in making this? (don't kill me, if you do not like the idea) this is an old idea of mine and i don't have the skill to make it yet maybe in another hundred years lol
  • Options
    The idea is nice, from a user's perspective and I can imagine a handful actually using it. But tend to doubt that it is worth the effort. Moving the picture is probably easy, with a little bit of javascript. But then zooming already requires something that is almost a graphics editor, since it must stretch the image visually, provide the interface and even sharpen it and save it to disk, you get the picture. Just use one of the many editors out there. The good part is: that also works on any other forum or whatever you need a picture for. ;)
  • Options
    hmmm.. interesting idea.
This discussion has been closed.