Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Who's Online available to guests as well

edited January 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
"Who's Online available to guests as well" how can i do that

Comments

• Options
    Whenever you see this in the code:

if ($Context->Session->UserID > 0) { ... }

That's a condition to eliminate guests. Get rid of that "if" statement. If the clause is a "if ... else ...", get rid of the "if" condition, and then get rid of everything under the "else".

Are you following me?
  • Options
    no i don't u think u understood what i asked what i wanted was so that the guests could see who is online is that what u answered or did u answer how to remove the guests from the online list? thanxz
  • Options
    I was trying to point you in right direction without actually looking at the extension... Umm, in WhosOnline, at lines 149 & 150, you see:

if (in_array($Context->SelfUrl, array("account.php", "categories.php", "comments.php", "index.php", "post.php", "search.php", "settings.php")) && $Context->Session->UserID > 0 && !$Context->Session->User->Preference("HideWhosOnline")) {

That "$Context->Session->UserID > 0" condition is what's keeping guests from seeing the WhosOnline Panel (I believe)... Now that I look at it, it's not quite as simple as erasing the condition (because there's a preference involved). You would probably need to change it to:

if (in_array($Context->SelfUrl, array("account.php", "categories.php", "comments.php", "index.php", "post.php", "search.php", "settings.php")) && !($Context->Session->UserID > 0 && $Context->Session->User->Preference("HideWhosOnline"))) {

Note the NOT operator ("!") and the parenthesis. Try that out. It might work, or it might not. If it doesn't, I would have to look deeper at the code to see what else is going on.
  • Options
    thanx i will try it out and tell u what happens
  • Options
    sweet it worked thanxz
This discussion has been closed.