Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Unread post count in Categories tab

edited December 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Is there a way to add a unread topic count to the forums in the Categorie tab so people know where to look if they only want to read new material?

Comments

• Options
    This isn't exactly the same, but there's a "New Discussion" filter extension. It displays only discussions with unread comments. But it shows discussions from all categories.
  • Options
    I don't see the tab you're talking about. Maybe it's a specific template.
    You mean on this kind of page, unread topics for each category? Or the "categories" tab between "discussions" and "search"?
  • Options
    Yes, in there I would like a unread post count. I plan on removing the discussions tab and putting a front page of some other type. But I want my users to be able to look only in the categories they want and need too.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/5750/ Pretty much what I am after only in an add-on would be good. Or can anyone tell me how to change what code where to do this? [-Stash-] posted this this in another thread too """ From the discussions page: <li id="Discussion_5577" class="Discussion Read NoNewComments Category_13"> <li id="Discussion_6748" class="Discussion Unread NewComments Category_10 Alternate"> From the categories page: <li id="Category_10" class="Category UnblockedCategory FirstCategory Category_10"> <li id="Category_7" class="Category UnblockedCategory Category_7 Alternate"> Seems we're missing "Read" and "Unread" on the categories - but you can certainly have the alternating colours already :) Perhaps we could add the Read/Unread thing to the list of wishes for the next release of Vanilla? """ Copying the "Read NoNewComments" into the categories ones wouldn't work right?
This discussion has been closed.