Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

problem upgrading from 1.0.3 to 1.1.4

argie01argie01 New
edited December 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi, I was using Vanilla 1.0.3. After upgrading to 1.1.4 I can't see the acents of my text (the lenguage is spanish). I get extrange characters instead the acents. I tried doing a new install of 1.1.4 and then copying (overwritting) the folders "extensions" and "conf" from 1.0.3, and I get the same problem with the acents. Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Options
    I'd suggest you read the wiki documentation on character encoding.
  • Options
    Thank you. Now I know I have to add the line $Configuration['DATABASE_CHARACTER_ENCODING'] = 'utf8'; :) Anyway, now I can see the acents, but I have 2 problems else: 1. I can't login with my user... even when the user/pass does not use any special character. 2. I some discussions I get this messages before the link to it: TextPrefixTextStickyTextSuffix and TextPrefixTextSticky, TextClosedTextSuffix
  • Options
    Ok, point 2 is fixed :) But I still have problem to login with all the users...
  • Options
    And point 1 fixed too! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    nevermind
This discussion has been closed.