Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla as Blog, but still a Forum...

edited January 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hello, Firstly, thanks for reading my post, hopefully you can shed some light on this. Basically, I've been hunting around the web for a few days now, trying to find something that is going to fit the bill for what I need. I've found some great Blog software, and some great Forum software - but nothing that meets in the middle. If I explain what I'm after, perhaps you might be able to tell me if this is something I can easily do with Vanilla, or using a plug-in. I would like a standard forum set up, eg. 5 forums with sub-forums, everyone can post new threads etc. So far, everything I have read about Blog addons, essentially turns a forum sub-section into the front page. But I want to be able to do is flag up any post, in any thread as a blog entry. Then on the front page, people can click a "make comments" where it will take them to the forum thread it originated from. If this isn't possible, then I might be able to code something to do so. For instance, if posts can be flagged as "Important" or something similar, or "Sticky". Then the front page could just be code written by me, doing a simple SQL search for all posts flagged as "Important". Does this make sense, and is this possible with the current setup? Spode

Comments

• Just as a follow up to this, I have ended up just having a single "Blog" category using the Blog add-on, and although not what I originally wanted, should do the job nicely. http://www.spodesabode.com
  • edited January 2008
    As another follow up, I have now written an extension to do exactly as I originally wanted - any post can be a blog item: http://lussumo.com/addons/index.php?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=364 - "BlogThis"
This discussion has been closed.