Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

redirect unauthorized viewers

edited January 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hey guys. I have the SubCatagories and the CatagoryRoles add-ons set-up so the unauthorized can see the Catagories but can not see the threads inside without signing in.
I have SubCatagories on all main Catagories of the same name. Unauthorized people can view the first set, but only members can actually go inside the second set and post. As I have it setup now, If the Unauthorized click on a Catagory, they can go inside the catagory but all of the threads are invisible. Instead, I would like to redirect them to a to a sign-in instruction page or my website page instead when they try to go inside a Catagory they do not have access rights to. How should I go about doing this?
Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2008
    This will re-direct them to the sign in form. Just pop the code in a php file called "default", save it in some folder, and install it as an extension.

[edit] I changed this so that it displays a message and then automatically re-directs the guest to the main index. I believe that should work, though I haven't actually played with AddNotice before. [/edit]

[edit #2] OK, I tested it. It works now. [/edit]

<?php /* Extension Name: Redirect Categories Extension Url: n/a Description: n/a Version: 0.3 Author: Timothy Walters Kleinert Author Url: n/a */ $Context->SetDefinition('REDIRECTCATEGORIES_Notice', 'You do not have permission to view this category. To view this category, please <a href="people.php">sign in</a>. <br />You will be automatically re-directed in just a moment.'); if ($Context->Session->UserID == 0 && $Context->SelfUrl == 'index.php') { $CategoryID = ForceIncomingInt('CategoryID', 0); if (in_array($CategoryID, array(1, 2, 3))) { // list all CategoryIDs you don't want guests viewing $NoticeCollector->AddNotice($Context->GetDefinition('REDIRECTCATEGORIES_Notice')); header('refresh: 4, url='.GetUrl($Context->Configuration, 'index.php')); } } ?>
This discussion has been closed.