Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Ajax bookmarking don't work

edited January 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'm using Vanilla 1.1.4 and I've noticed every option in the side panel, like deleting, closing, making sticky or sinking a discussion, acts immediately, "AJAX-like". However, this doesn't happen with bookmarking. With the other options, after confirming, I can see the [Sticky] (and the like) text besides the discussion title, but this doesn't happen wen I bookmark them. If I go to discussions, I see it bookmarked, and if I enter the discussion again, I see it [Bookmarked] too. So bookmarking itself works, but it doesn't work "AJAX-like". I've taken a look at the code, first of all I thought this was "a feature" (that is, it wasn't programmed to work this way), but after looking inside /js/vanilla.js and realizing there are javascript functions related to this (SetBookmark, ApplyBookmark, BookmarkComplete and BookmarkFailed), I think this may be a bug. Unfortunately, I'm not the best one with javascript, appart from the fact that the code is ofuscated and it makes it a bit more complicated to understand. So any light on this will be greatly appreciated ;)

Comments

• Oh, sorry. It wasn't that difficult... It only took me 5 minutes :P You can "fix" it (or add the feature) by doing this: 1) Open /js/vanilla.js 2) Find "function SetBookmark" 3) After "F.RequestCompleteEvent=BookmarkComplete;" add the following (without the quotes): "F.RequestCompleteEvent=RefreshPageWhenAjaxComplete;" 4) That's all Please, some admin move this to the "Fixes & Updates" forum ;)
This discussion has been closed.