Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Making a change in the Digg Theme

I am new to this Forum as I just installed Vanilla a couple of days ago on my web site. I discovered the Digg Theme and downloaded it today. It installed easily and I really like the look of it as the blue colors synchronize with my site very nicely. My web site has a sailing theme and the purpose of the "Your Sailing Story" Forum is to collect sailing stories: http://www.the-sailors-place.com/vanillaforum The stories are going to be fairly long - much longer, I suspect, than normal forum discussions. I posted a story from my experience as an example. If you take a look at the site you can see - the blue background behind the words only goes about half the length of the story. Is it possible to make a coding change so that the light blue background lasts as long as there are characters (words) in the space? Second choice would be to eliminate the light blue background and just have it white. The light blue background is much more sophisticated, however, so I hope it can be retained. I know nothing about PHP or CSS coding so if it is something that can be done -- the info. needs to be set up for dummy like me to do it. I would need to know what folder in Vanilla -- I would assume: ../vanillaforum/themes/digg/then where?, and finally, where to look in the file to make the change and, of course, the coding change(s). I would sincerely appreciate any help I could get on this -- Roger P.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.