Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Accessing Forum Data Outside of Vanilla

edited January 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'm new to Vanilla (less than a day of experience) so pardon my noobishness if it seems apparent. I've successfully integrated Drupal/Vanilla and now I want to start creating some Drupal blocks which display Vanilla data. For example, on my front page I want to display a list of the most popular discussions or most recent posts. If you aren't familiar with a Drupal block, its basically putting code inside of a "div" and Drupal places the div wherever you configure it...pretty simple. I'm guessing the block should contains stuff like: include settings.php, init_vanilla.php a DB query to access the data (or use the ObjectFactory to create a control or something?) display the data Is this all there is to it? Is there some kind of "template" out there that does what I am looking for?

Comments

• Options
    No one can help me out? It seems like a pretty simple thing to do...I just can't find the documentation I'm looking for.
  • Options
    There is information in the documentation for integration of Vanilla with WordPress, Drupal, TextPattern and MediaWiki. That would be the place I would look.
  • Options
    jimw, Those are just for getting the login/authentication playing nice together for both applications. I'm looking for a way to access the forum data without writing SQL queries and accessing the database directly, via some kind of API.
  • Options
    Maybe looking at the LatestPostsIntegration add-on will help you.
  • Options
    The only 'API' for accessing the Vanilla database is the Database object. Otherwise you're gonna have to access the data directly via SQL queries. That would be the method I'd use, what's the reason for your reluctance to use it?
This discussion has been closed.