Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How can I apply an icon to the Applicant role?

BenBen
edited January 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
There doesn't seem to be a way to assign a Role Icon to the Applicant role since the Applicant role is built-in and doesn't appear in the role database table.

You can't do it through the Role settings, and you can't do it through the database.

Does anyone know of any way to do this?

Comments

• Options
    Yup... I'll write an extension.
  • Options
    Can't you just add the role "applicant", and change the settings there, or change the role that applicants are assigned to?
  • Options
    BenBen
    edited January 2008
    No, you misunderstand. The Applicant role is hard-coded into Vanilla. It doesn't appear in the list of roles, so it doesn't have any settings to alter. If I create my own role called Applicant, it would only have the same name, and not actually affect or be applied to the new users that sign up. Actual Applicants are only assigned to a new role after they have been approved. I want to change the icon they have before they get approved and while they are still an Applicant.
  • Options
    Can applicants even interact with the forum?
  • Options
    No, but they show in searches for users, and they have profiles; they're just listed as Applicants. Applicants can't even sign-in.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    BenNo, but [applicants] show in searches for users, and they have profiles.
    Huh, that sounds like a bug, or IMO something that should get changed in the core.
  • Options
    BenBen
    edited January 2008
    It's not a bug. It's the only way that an Admin can view the information that the user supplied when they registered. How else are they going to decide whether to let them in or not?

For example, the 'Why do you want to apply?' box places its output on the right hand side of the Applicant's profile.
  • Options
    There's a 'why do you want to apply' box? Is that an extension? But anyway, if that's the case, I shall write an small extension to assign a default icon to Applicants. Since they can't change it, there should be no need to try to set a default icon for the role. They'll have the icon added to their 'User' row on a case-by-case basis as they signup. You can set the icon path as a config setting.
  • Options
    BenBen
    edited January 2008
    There's a 'why do you want to apply' box? Is that an extension?
    Yes it is, it's called Applicant Discovery.

Oh and that idea sounds fine to me :)
  • Options
    Done.
This discussion has been closed.