Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Migrating from windows to linux

edited January 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I am planning on moving hosting company. I want to take my forum themes, plug-ins, data with me. Currently I am hosted on windows and I am moving to linux. Firstly, can somebody please confirm that this is possible? Secondly, can somebody please offer me a step by step of what I need to do? Finally, are there any pitfalls I should look out for in moving from Windows to Linux? Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Linux uses a case-sensitive filesystem which may or may not affect you. Other than that there's not much you need to worry about when just moving files.
  • Options
    If the directory vanilla is stored in changes, you'll hav to edit /conf/settings.php, but just changing hosts / OS's isn't going to do that
  • Options
    Thank you very much. I'll just give it a whirl and see what happens then *smile*
  • Options
    Yeah, tell us if anything goes wrong.
This discussion has been closed.