Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Installing online Vanilla onto XAMPP

2»

Comments

• Options
    Using the IfModule is probably not the best solution if you've got Friendly URLs installed as it will think everything's redirecting properly and generate SEO-friendly links. However that won't be the case because you don't have the rewrite module installed and so the RewriteRules are being ignored. Either disabled the Friendly URLs extension or install Apache's Mod_Rewrite. As for the MySQL error, any number of things could be wrong. Incorrect username, incorrect host or incorrect password. Alternatively you may just not have permission to access that MySQL server. I would check in your CPanel and possibly consult your host's technical support.
  • Options
    well this is all from moving the forum online to my localhost. Almost everything is working perfectly online, but these problems arise trying to run vanilla locally.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    so i removed the ifmodule, then uncommented out the rewrite module and that worked fine. Then i realized the MySQL server had the wrong username and password. So i fixed that. Now i am finally able to see the forum. However it only shows in a text only format. I get errors: File does not exist: C:/xampp/htdocs/extensions File does not exist: C:/xampp/htdocs/themes script 'C:/xampp/htdocs/people.php' not found or unable to stat etc... where can i find the file to change where this points to? I looked in conf\settings.php but couldnt find it also, when i try to log in, i get redirected to the default page, but it doesn't know that i just signed in.
  • Options
    I think you should change the Application Path setting to C:\xampp\htdocs if that is indeed where you installed Vanilla. Also you'll need to change the Extension Path to point to the extensions folder.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I installed Vanilla to xampp\Vanilla. And i pointed the appication and extension path to xampp\Vanilla in conf/settings.php . But it still looks for the extentions and themes in htdocs. Am i missing something? also, do you know why it wont recognize that i'm signed in?
  • Options
    You need to point the paths to C:\xampp\htdocs\Vanilla
  • Options
    It didn't work. I ended up copying the extension and themes folder to C:\xampp\htdocs Vanilla is installed in C:\xampp\Vanilla right now still wont recognize that im signed in though. by the way, thanks alot for your help, this has been a headache.
  • Options
    You could edit your php.config file or the like to increase the size limit , or you could compress it
  • Options
    Surely Xampp won't run anything that's not inside the htdocs folder as Apache will view htdocs as the web root. I would have thought you would need to install Vanilla to htdocs/
This discussion has been closed.