Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

WHISPER TO ME

dfareeddfareed New
edited August 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Please. I want to see what happens.

Comments

• Damn it, I can't possibly understand what you all are saying if you all whisper at once.
  • haha.
  • Is it wierd that you can whisper to yourself?

I figure it's not, I don't know why anybody would want to.
  • i guess you could use that function as somewhat of a note-taker/reminder in threads or something to that effect.
  • I guess its not possible to whisper to more than one person.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I actually have been whispering to myself as a method of previewing a message before I make it public.

So, like, I'll be doing some fancy stuff with the marquee tag, for example :), and I want to make sure I get it working like I want before I let people see it. So I whisper it to myself, edit it until it's ready, and then take my name out of the whisper box.

And no, whispering to more than one person was a little too difficult to do, especially considering I didn't know if people were even going to like the feature. Also, I'm going to make it so admins can create categories that are only visible to selected roles. So if people wanted to have private discussions, an admin could make them a category for just that role of people, and they could use it.
  • That's plenty smart.

Also the big input/small input feature is brilliant, and let's those of us with small inputs overcompensate...
  • outbreakoutbreak New
    edited March 2005
    Also, I'm going to make it so admins can create categories that are only visible to selected roles. So if people wanted to have private discussions, an admin could make them a category for just that role of people, and they could use it.
    !!!

oh man, sweet!!! thats the only feature i was really looking for you to add that would actually serve a purpose to a couple boards i admin.
  • dfareeddfareed New
    edited March 2005
    Was a whisper and is now an exclamation.

Small Input

• Hey I whispered to dfa, but in the left bar it doesn't indicate i whispered to anyone?
  • i think its supposed to indicate your private discussions, not just the whispers in separate threads.
  • edited May 2005
    hello
  • edited August 2006
    delete

ya'll really need to add a delete comments here, what if we go whoops and then want to delete can't do it so I just add the word delete instead lol
  • just think before you post.
This discussion has been closed.