Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Multiple domain names point to same host.

I have a couple domain names registered at my web host.. I have vanilla configured to use one of them and it works. But, if I access the site via the other domain name it does not work.. Is there a way to configure it so that if I access the site with either domain name it will work?

Both domain names point to the same server and files.

Comments

• Options
    Use addon domains if you have a control pannel that supports that (eg. cPanel)
  • Options
    I think this has to do with one domain being in the configuration but the other one is not.

If its always linking to the other domain, and you want the links to stay on whichever domain the user first came in on, then add this to the bottom of conf/settings.php:$Configuration['BASE_URL'] = 'http://'.$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].$Configuration['WEB_ROOT']; $Configuration['FORWARD_VALIDATED_USER_URL'] = $Configuration['BASE_URL'];
  • Options
    cool tip :) thanks WallPhone, I just had to solve this issue and I haven't had to think about it :)
  • Options
    Works like a charm.. You're awesome.. Thank you.
  • Options
    Hi all Yup the URL stays the same and even the welcome email changed to the "other" URL, however... I am unable to sine in under the "other domain" just under the original one. Please HELP
  • Options
    That's a cookie related issue... add this alongside the first two:$Configuration['COOKIE_DOMAIN'] = ''; and see if that works. If not, try false instead of ''
  • Options
    Use 301 redirects.

Google doesn't like duplicate content :)
  • Options
    Thanks you guys rock !!! $Configuration['COOKIE_DOMAIN'] = ''; works like a charm. thanks a million for your help, i don't think i could have gone ahead with my project if this wouldn't have been solved. A Extremely Greatfull Daniel
This discussion has been closed.