Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

User roles gone after backup and restore

kyukyu
edited February 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi, I wonder whether anyone here can think of an explanation for the following problem which, frankly, leaves me slightly baffled: Last night, after some maintenance gone wrong, I restored Vanilla from a backup I had naturally made right before. Everything works, with two exceptions: all users lost the roles they had assigned to them, as far as these roles were self-defined (in other words, additional to the roles that already exist in a fresh Vanilla installation), and all links to avatar and profile pictures were lost. I use J!Vanilla 1.0.3 and had two database backups - one of the complete Joomla!-database including the LUM_ tables, and an export of the LUM_s only. The problem occurs with both. What is further confusing me is that when, after re-assigning some user roles from within Vanilla, I look at LUM_User, it still contains only RoleID values between 0 and 4, although I have a total of 10 user roles (which do show with RoleIDs from 1 to 10 in LUM_Role), and the re-assigned ones do show up in the user profiles in Vanilla. What am I overlooking? Where are these roles stored? Confused Volkhart
This discussion has been closed.