Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Joomla / Vanilla Login Problem

edited February 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I've been trying to implement the Vanilla component in Joomla 1.0.13 and I'm having problems with the login. I get the message "Some problems were encountered The requested user could not be found.". 1. The user logs in in Joomla and selects the vanilla compenent via the menu. 2. The forum is shown with the status "not logged in". 3. The user logs in again in Vanilla and the message "The requested user could not be found." is shown. I would be grateful of any suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    did you download vanilla from www.getvanilla.com or from joomla!, you should get it from www.getvanilla.com
  • Options
    Hi Yes, I used the download from getvanilla.com. I think that I have made some progress and narrowed down the problem. Everything goes well when I use the JVanilla login form on the front page. I only get problems when using the login / logout function in the forum component. I'm wondering now whether there's a way to either hide the login / logout function in the forum component or get the two talking to each other. I also read somewhere that there may be problems when the database prefix is LUM_ instead of lum_. However, when I change this to lum_ in the component maintenance, the Joomla Bridge Status has an error message saying that Vanilla is not on the same database as Joomla.
  • Options
    Nigel, I had the same problem, until I discovered that I hadn't installed the Vanilla login module that needs to be downloaded separately from the bridge component. Have you installed and published it in your Vanilla forum page? Cheers Nick
  • Options
    I have the same problem. I've installed Vanilla login module, but I don't know how to publish it in forum page! How to do that?
This discussion has been closed.